, Ont. — With every major automotive manufacturer in attendance and exciting new features, the Canadian International AutoShow has opened public ticket sales for its 2019 edition.
Presented by the Toronto Star and wheels.ca
, the AutoShow, Canada’s largest annual consumer show, is coming off a record-breaking year, with nearly 360,000 attending the Metro Toronto Convention Centre last February — the third consecutive year the AutoShow attracted record numbers. AutoShow General Manager Jason Campbell is confident this trend will continue.
“The Canadian International AutoShow is one of the few major auto shows in the world that features every manufacturer retailing vehicles in that country,” says Mr. Campbell. “We have an audience that continues to grow, an affluent and major automotive marketplace here in Ontario, and many of our manufacturers have taken on more space to show off their inventory. This enthusiasm from both our manufacturers and retailers has been what’s made The AutoShow the best place to shop and compare the newest cars in the market, and the 2019 AutoShow will be no exception.”
The 2019 AutoShow will be held at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre from February 15th
. Early Bird tickets are now available at autoshow.ca
for $18.75 — a 25 per cent savings from the at-the-door admission price of $25 that will be in effect until New Year’s Eve. Beginning Jan. 1, 2019, you can still save money by buying tickets online at a 10 per cent discount until the show opens on Friday, February 15th
, the start of the Family Day long weekend in Ontario.
This year’s AutoShow will contain some fan favourites as well as all new features that will excite car lovers and casual fans alike:
- The Automobile Journalists Association of Canada (AJAC) will be awarding its Canadian Car of the Year Awards for best car and best utility vehicle to kick off the AutoShow.
- Art & the Automobile has consistently been amongst the most anticipated AutoShow features since it debuted five years ago. This year, in partnership with Cobble Beach Concours d’Elegance, it returns celebrating some of the icons in the history of the automobile.
- Another favourite, Auto Exotica, will once again put the cars of your dreams on the show floor, and feature some of the most exotic vehicles from around the world.
- A wide selection of electric vehicles from global auto manufacturers will be on display, and available for test drives in both the North and South Buildings of the Metro Toronto Convention Centre.
- A peek into the future with the latest concept cars coming from the minds of some of the world’s leading car designers.
- Five totally new features to be introduced between now and the opening of the AutoShow.
“Our theme this year is ‘The Passion Within Us’,” says Mr. Campbell. “Several of our new features will honour passionate collectors and celebrate their cars. All those considering a new vehicle purchase and those just looking to see what’s new in the AutoShow have much to look forward to over the coming months.”
Media accreditation to the 2019 AutoShow is now online and can be requested at autoshow.ca/media-registration.
Stay connected with the Canadian International AutoShow on Instagram @cdnintlautoshow
, Twitter @autoshowcanada
and Facebook /autoshowcanada
.About the Canadian International AutoShow
With more than 650,000 square feet of exhibits, displays and attractions at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre, the Canadian International AutoShow is not only the largest automotive expo in Canada, it is also the country’s largest consumer show — a leader in lifestyle, technology and all things automotive. It boasts more than 1,000 cars, trucks, SUVs, concept cars, exotics, classics, muscle cars, fully electric and autonomous vehicles each year.
— 30 —
For more information, please contact: