There is a full program on the 700 Level of the MTCC at the 2019 Canadian International AutoShowTORONTO
, Ont. — Featuring iconic classics, vintage muscle cars, customized street rods, a life-sized LEGO Bugatti Chiron and the largest esports feature ever staged at the Canadian International AutoShow, Castrol Alley is promising a diverse automotive experience.
Long a fan favourite at the AutoShow, Castrol Alley — the 700 level of the South Building at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre — is annually one of the most interesting exhibit areas of the AutoShow, hosting a mix of recurring installations and exciting new displays.
"Castrol is excited to present the total automotive experience in Castrol Alley, showcasing power, performance and entertainment," says John Grant, Vice-President of Marketing at Castrol.
“Castrol and the AutoShow have enjoyed a wonderful relationship for the past 24 years, and plan to continue this partnership in the years to come.”
This year’s Castrol Alley lineup includes:
- Art & the Automobile— Consistently one of the most popular elements of the AutoShow, this year’s Art & the Automobile, presented in partnership with Cobble Beach Concours d’Elegance, and supported by Hagerty Insurance, will be entitled ICONS, celebrating some of the most iconic people, events and marques of the 20thcentury — as viewed through an automotive lens.
- L.A. Car Culture— A showcase of some of the most unique vehicles from the world-renowned Peterson Automotive Museum in Los Angeles, L.A. Car Culture will exhibit six vehicles — celebrity cars, lowriders, hot rods and custom creations from the streets of Southern California.
- WorldGaming Network Pfaff Forza 7 Canadian Challenge, driven by Castrol — Canada’s most ambitious esports racing competition is at the Canadian International AutoShow, in partnership with the WorldGaming Network (WGN). With $20,000 in cash and prizes and a once-in-a-lifetime chance to race with Pfaff Motorsports on the line — not to mention bragging rights — the WorldGaming Network Pfaff Forza 7 Canadian Challenge, driven by Castrol, puts you in the driver’s seat.
- Custom Car Battlegrounds: AutoShow Edition — For the second year in a row, Performance Auto & Sound Magazine (PASMAG) is celebrating custom creations with Custom Car Battlegrounds: AutoShow Edition. A competition for modern muscle car, hot rod and lowrider enthusiasts, it puts fans in control of the eventual winner.
- LEGO® Group’s ‘I Love Vehicles’ Experience — In addition to a LEGO® vehicle showcase, play zone and retail space, this installation will host the life-size LEGO® Technic Bugatti Chiron. Built with more than one million LEGO® bricks and powered exclusively using motors from the LEGO® Power Function platform, the model is a fully equipped true replica of the Chiron, including rear spoiler, speedometer, front and back-lights, detachable steering wheel and a brake pedal, all fully functional.
- Trillium Automobile Dealers’ Association — Besides hosting Cars and Jobs, an information booth on the diverse jobs in the automotive field, TADA is also presenting AutoLife, an online engagement platform with a focus on automotive lifestyles.
Castrol Alley is full of exciting displays and fun activities for auto enthusiasts and families alike.
“We are especially excited about the eSports Competition, as motorsport gaming is one of the fastest-growing international hobbies,” says Natalee Davis, Castrol Sponsorship Manager. “Even Formula One drivers are competing these days, and specialty digital channels and electronic magazines are popping up to provide coverage. We’re delighted that the eSports competition is part of Castrol Alley because it is cutting edge, and Castrol as a brand has always been at the forefront of technology.”
As the longest-serving title sponsors of the AutoShow, Castrol is also a proud supporter of Auto Exotica — a collection of some of the most exotic and valuable vehicles in the world — and the Media Preview Day Tour.
The 2019 Canadian International AutoShow, presented by The Toronto Star
and wheels.ca, takes place February 15th
at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre. For tickets and show information, please visit autoshow.ca
. Media interested in attending can apply for accreditation at autoshow.ca/media-registration
Stay connected with the Canadian International AutoShow on Instagram @cdnintlautoshow
and Facebook /autoshowcanada
.About the Canadian International AutoShow, presented by The Toronto Starand wheels.ca
With more than 650,000 square feet of exhibits, displays and attractions at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre, the Canadian International AutoShow is not only the largest automotive expo in Canada, it is also the country’s largest consumer show — a leader in lifestyle, technology and all things automotive. It boasts more than 1,000 cars, trucks, SUVs, concept cars, exotics, classics, muscle cars, fully electric and autonomous vehicles each year.About Castrol
With well over 100 years of experience and 13 R&D centers worldwide, Castrol is a global technology leader. Castrol is more than oil; it’s liquid engineering, which provides lubricants and support for passionate race teams and consumers. As the number-one brand in Canada, Castrol Edge Synthetic dominates the market providing performance and strength for your engine.Today, Castrol operates in over 60 countries. In Canada, Castrol lubricants are marketed, manufactured and distributed by Wakefield Canada, a privately owned, entrepreneurial company focused on Automotive, Heavy Duty and Industrial lubricants.
For more information please visit castrol.ca
— 30 —
For more information, please contact: