FAMILY FUN AT THE CANADIAN INTERNATIONAL AUTOSHOW
February long weekend is packed with activities for all members of the familyTORONTO, Ont. —
There is something for every member of the family at the Canadian International AutoShow.
From family vehicles to special features to the North American debut of the life-sized LEGO® TECHNIC Bugatti Chiron, the Family Day weekend at the AutoShow, presented by Allstate Insurance Company of Canada
, is packed with activities and interesting exhibits to see.
- The Volkswagen Family Pass — Start by taking advantage of a 10% discount when you buy a Family Pass of tickets. Get admission for two adults and two children for only $50.
- LEGO® Discovery Zone — There are few children who haven’t played with LEGO®, and chances are their parents played with the ubiquitous building blocks as well. Challenge your imagination at the Discovery Zone, and be among the first in North America to see the life-sized, and operational, Bugatti Chiron made entirely out of LEGO® TECHNIC pieces.
- Dancing Cars — Over the Family Day long weekend, Mercedes-Benz will be staging demonstrations of their “Dancing” GLE. Performances are scheduled daily at 2 p.m. and 6 p.m. at the Mercedes Benz booth on the 800 level of the South Building. You may also get a chance to see the hydraulics at work in some of the L.A. Car Culture cars in Castrol Alley on the 700 level of the South Building.
- Movie Cars — A showpiece at the Volkswagen exhibit (300 level, North Building) is the yellow Beetle that was the star of the Transformers’ film Bumblebee. Can you find other cars around the AutoShow that starred in movies or on TV?
- Augmented and Virtual Reality — Get an idea of what it’s like to be behind the wheel of a racecar, or learn more about the inner workings of electric vehicle technology with Augmented and Virtual reality displays. Experience in 4D VR the rigorous testing every Chevrolet is put through, check out the inner workings of Mitsubishi’s plug-in technology in AR or choose your own rugged adventure “behind the wheel” of a Toyota RAV4.
- Play esports — The esports installation at the 2019 AutoShow is the biggest the show has ever had. Test your skills in an attempt to qualify for the WorldGaming Network Pfaff Forza 7 Canadian Challenge, driven by Castrol. There has never been more on the line, with $20,000 in cash and prizing, plus a once in a lifetime chance to race with Pfaff Motorsports.
- Learn to Draw — Mitsubishi Motors is offering a masterclass in drawing for kids on Family Day with famed DC Comic and Marvel Comic cover artist Ken Lashley (@ledkilla) who has created hundreds of comic covers ranging from Batman, Spiderman, X-men and more. Attendees will learn how to draw the Mitsubishi all-electric, high-performance e-EVOLUTION CONCEPT vehicle on showcase at the Canadian International AutoShow and Triple Diamond, Mitsubishi’s electro crusader of sustainability. Attendees will also learn how to be a sustainability super hero themselves as part of the class. The Mitsubishi Motors booth is located in the North Building. The 45-minute drawing sessions will be held on February 18 at 1 p.m., 2 p.m., and 3:00 p.m. Attendees will receive a free gift from Mitsubishi Motors while supplies last and a chance to win a coveted mystery box from Ken Lashley at each session.
- Volkswagen Children’s Playcare Centre — If the kids get tired or fidgety while you are browsing through the new cars and exhibits, take advantage of the free processional daycare service filled with exciting activities for the kids – courtesy of your local Volkswagen dealer. There will be arts and crafts, interactive activities and more! The Volkswagen Children’s Playcare Centre can be found on the 600 level in the South Building.
- Live Radio — Dave's Corner Garage, Canada's No. 1 Consumer Automotive Radio Talk Show, presents the 3rd Annual Town Hall, Live from the 2019 Canadian International AutoShow, on Family Day from 1-2 pm on the 300 level in the North Building of the Metro Toronto Convention Centre. Listen to the show on Sirius XM Channel 167, catch on the Dave’s Corner Garage YouTube Channel or drop by the on site studios. For more information, go to davescornergarage.com.
- Make your community safer — Allstate® is taking action when it comes to making communities safer and is asking Canadians for help! The#AllstateTakesAction contest is accepting community safety improvement or enhancement ideas throughout the 2019 AutoShow, so visit their booth on the 300 level of the North Building and submit your proposal. You'll be entered for the chance to win a $1,000 gas gift card just for submitting. While at their booth, feel free to talk to one of their agents to learn more about home and auto insurance coverage and potential discounts. Take a fun family photo featuring a 3D crosswalk illusion, which is also one of the ways communities could potentially improve pedestrian safety if you're looking for ideas. But that's not all - you're also encouraged to enter for your chance to win a one-year lease of the 2019 Volvo XC90, perfect for the whole family.
The 2019 Canadian International AutoShow, presented by The Toronto Star
and wheels.ca, takes place February 15th
at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre. For tickets and show information, please visit autoshow.ca
Stay connected with the Canadian International AutoShow on Instagram @cdnintlautoshow
, Twitter @autoshowcanada
and Facebook /autoshowcanada
.About the Canadian International AutoShow, presented by The Toronto Star and wheels.ca
With more than 650,000 square feet of exhibits, displays and attractions at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre, the Canadian International AutoShow is not only the largest automotive expo in Canada, it is also the country’s largest consumer show — a leader in lifestyle, technology and all things automotive. It boasts more than 1,000 cars, trucks, SUVs, concept cars, exotics, classics, muscle cars, fully electric and autonomous vehicles each year.
— 30 —
For more information, please contact: