Harold Mutter gets keys to the flashy car in annual Prostate Cancer Canada drawTORONTO
, Ont. — Harold Mutter will be turning heads on his way home to Wasaga Beach from the 2019 Canadian International AutoShow.
Harold’s name was the one pulled from a drum of 30,000 ballots in the seventh Rock the Road raffle held by Prostate Cancer Canada, winning him the most expensive car ever given away in the annual draw staged at the Canadian International AutoShow — a flashy red 2018 Acura NSX. The car, generously donated by the Trillium Automobile Dealers Association (TADA), is valued at $235,000.
“Today’s draw is incredible news for the winner – as well as the one in seven Canadian men who will be diagnosed with prostate cancer,” says Prostate Cancer Canada President and CEO Peter Coleridge. “This is Prostate Cancer Canada’s 25th
anniversary and in that time, we’ve contributed to the 50 per cent decrease in prostate cancer mortality. But we need to do more. The proceeds from Rock the Road let us fund world-leading prostate cancer research in Ontario that’s going to help us save even more lives.”
With this year’s proceeds now in — more than $600,000, the most raised in a single year by the draw — the Rock the Road Raffle, staged since 2013, has raised a total of $2.5 million for research and support services funded by Prostate Cancer Canada.
The official media sponsor of Rock the Road is the Toronto Star
. The AutoShow donated the space on the 700 level of the South Building in the Metro Toronto Convention Centre where the car was showcased and the draw staged.
Prostate cancer is the most common cancer affecting Canadian men, killing an estimated 4,100 each year. Raffle funds help Prostate Cancer Canada continue making its contribution to the ongoing decline in the death rate from this disease.
“This is always an exciting event, and even more so for Mr. Mutter,” said Stephen Pike, Treasurer and Chair of Prostate Cancer Canada’s Board of Directors Audit and Finance Committee and the man who pulled the winning ballot out of the drum. “It is great for him to win this incredible car.”
Rock the Road will return for its eighth draw at the 2020 Canadian International AutoShow on February 21st
The Rock the Road Raffle is just one of several contests at the 2019 Canadian International AutoShow:
- TADA $50K Giveaway — Make your car-buying decision easier with $50,000 towards the purchase of any vehicle at any dealer-member of the Trillium Automobile Dealers Association. Enter at the Toronto Star booth on the 300 level.
- CAA You Pump. We Pay — Visit the CAA booth on the 300 Level for a chance to win free gas for a year. Secondary prizes include a prize package for the 2019 Honda Indy in Toronto and Mirvish theatre tickets.
- Allstate — Enter the #AllstateTakesAction contest at the Allstate booth on the 300 level; submit your idea to help make your community safer and be entered to win a $1,000 gas gift card. While there, enter a ballot to win a one-year lease on a Volvo XC90.
- Canadian Grand Prix — The Canadian Grand Prix and SportPesa Racing Point F1 team are giving away daily prize packs that include a pair of tickets to Canada’s only Formula One race. Sign up for a chance to win in Auto Exotica on the 100 level of the North Building.
- Collector Car Auctions — Barrett-Jackson, the world’s greatest collector car auction, and Mohegan Sun Casino are giving away daily swag prize packages, with a grand prize that includes attending the Barrett-Jackson auction at the Mohegan Sun Casino in the spring. Enter in the Barrett-Jackson exhibit on the 100 level of the North Building.
- Free Travel with 407 ETR — Share your photos from the AutoShow on Twitter or Instagram, tag and follow @407ETR and use the hashtags #CIAS2019 and #Win407ETR for a chance to win free travel on the 407 ETR for six months.
- Dream Ride — Visit the Rogers booth on the 300 level to enter a ballot in a draw to win a dream driving experience with GTA Exotics.
- AutoShow Selfie Contest — Visit the selfie booths on the 300 and 700 levels for a chance to win a night on the town — limo ride, dinner and performance at a Mirvish Theatre, sponsored by Sardo Foods and Saputo.
- Tank Rides — The Ontario Regiment RCAC Museum is giving away a daily prize to win a ride in a tank. Enter in the Military Zone on the 800 level.
- Win Your AutoLife Adventure — Enter at autolife.win for a chance to win one of two personalized automotive travel experiences. Each package is valued at $5,000.
- RBC Spin to Win & Drive Garage — Daily prizes are available on the 300 level.
- Toronto Motorsport Park — Enter at their 800-level exhibit for a chance to win a three-lap exotic dream car experience.
Several of the manufactures are also offering prize packages and giveaways, with details available at their booth:
SATURDAY AT THE CANADIAN INTERNATIONAL AUTOSHOW
- Mitsubishi — Enter at their 300-level booth or at mitsubishicontest.ca for a chance to win a two-year lease on a 2019 Outlander PHEV.
- Mazda — There is a chance to win a trip for two to Los Angeles, with secondary prizes including tile key trackers and gift cards. Mazda can be found on the 300 level.
- FCA Canada — They are giving away a 2019 Ram 1500. Enter at the booth on the 300 level.
- Honda — Visit their booth on the 300 level for a chance to win a 2019 Civic Sedan Touring.
- General Motors — They are offering a chance to win any of their cars for each of their brands — Chevrolet, Buick, GMC and Cadillac at their booth on the 800 level.
- Alfa Romeo — Enter at their booth on the 800 level for a chance to win a trip for two to attend a premier racing event.
AutoShow Live Stage (Toronto Star
Stage, 300 Level, North Building):
- Noon — Women in the Industry, with TADA President Susan Gubasta.
- 2 p.m. — OPP presentation.
- 4 p.m. — Your car as your home generator – keeping the power on in a blackout.
- 7 p.m. — The Search for Sponsorship.
2 p.m. — Live unveiling of the winning livery in the #createdbycastrol contest. (Esports Zone, Driven by Castrol, 700 Level South Building)
7 p.m. — Light Up the Night Live Engine Fire Up (Auto Exotica, presented by Castrol and the National Post, 100 Level, North Building).
7 p.m. to 9 p.m. — Light Up the Night live music with Tebey (Auto Exotica, presented by Castrol and the National Post, 100 Level, North Building).SUNDAY AT THE CANADIAN INTERNATIONAL AUTOSHOW
Noon— WorldGaming Network Pfaff Forza 7 Canadian Challenge, driven by Castrol
finals. (Esports Zone, Driven by Castrol, 700 Level, South Building).
2 p.m. — Custom Car Battleground: AutoShow Edition winner announced (Castrol Alley, 700 Level, South Building)
2 p.m. to 4 p.m. — Meet Toronto Maple Leafs star William Nylander at the Volvo booth (800 Level, South Building)
AutoShow Live Stage (Toronto Star
Stage, 300 Level, North Building):
- Noon — Joy of driving.
- 2 p.m. — OPP presentation
The 2019 Canadian International AutoShow, presented by The Toronto Star
and wheels.ca, continues until February 24th
at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre. For tickets and show information, please visit autoshow.ca
Stay connected with the Canadian International AutoShow on Instagram @cdnintlautoshow
, Twitter @autoshowcanada
and Facebook /autoshowcanada
.About the Canadian International AutoShow, presented by The Toronto Star and wheels.ca
With more than 650,000 square feet of exhibits, displays and attractions at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre, the Canadian International AutoShow is not only the largest automotive expo in Canada, it is also the country’s largest consumer show — a leader in lifestyle, technology and all things automotive. It boasts more than 1,000 cars, trucks, SUVs, concept cars, exotics, classics, muscle cars, fully electric and autonomous vehicles each year.
— 30 —
For more information, please contact: